- Layered Architecture helps to decompose an otherwise monolithic system into groups of components each placed at a certain layer.
- Layers also standardize the format, the content and the meaning of the messages that cross the layer boundary.
- Conceptualizes the whole system as stack of layers
- Each layer focuses on one specific responsibility
- Each layer consumes the services of the layers below it and offers services to the layers above it.
- Data flow is always linear, both upstream and downstream
Asked In: Many Interviews |