IBM claims that Big SQL provides robust SQL support for the Hadoop ecosystem:
- it has a scalable architecture;
- it supports SQL and data types available in SQL '92, plus it has some additional capabilities;
- it supports JDBC and ODBC client drivers;
- it has efficient handling of "point queries" (and we'll get to what that means);
- there are a wide variety of data sources and file formats for HDFS and HBase that it supports;
- And it, although is not open source, it does interoperate well with the open source ecosystem within Hadoop.
Asked In: Many Interviews |