Following are the differences between Webforms and Asp.Net MVC pattern:-
1. Asp.net Webform has User Controls for code re-usability whereas in Asp.net Mvc partial view is used.
2. Asp.net Webforms has state management techniques whereas Asp.net Mvc doesn't have automatic state management techniques.
3. Asp.net Webform has file-based Urls means file name exists in Url whereas Asp.net Mvc has route-based Url.
4. Asp.net Webform has Master page for consistent look and feel whereas in Asp.net Mvc layout is used.
5. Asp.net Webform has server controls whereas Asp.net Mvc has Html helpers for creating UI.
6. In Asp.net webform,Aspx pages are tightly coupled to code-behind (.cs/.vb) whereas in Asp.net Mvc,Views and logic are kept separately.
7. Asp.net Webform follows an event-driven development model whereas Asp.net Mvc follows Model,View and Controller design pattern.
Asked In: Many Interviews |