How to make friends on DotNetFunda.com
To make a friend on DotNetFunda.com, follow below steps
- Search a member, you want to send a friend request to
- Click on members username from the search result to go to that member profile
- Click on [+ Sent Friend Request] link (In some scenario, member might have opted out being contacted by other member, so + Sent Friend Request may not appear).
- Write proper message to send with your friend request and Send
- Once the friend request is sent, that member needs to approve the request and if its done (you will get an approval notification) you both will be able to interact with each other by going to your profile and clicking on Friends List link.
Earn points and be a leader
Apart from winning prizes
every month, you can also earn points by sharing your knowledge to the .NET Community and your name shall appear as Leader; it will help you to gain recognition, respect and earn MVP title.
Points can be earned by performing following activities.
(Points are subject to change time to time)
|25||Responding to the Article|
|40||Submit Interview Question|
|10||Responding to Interview Question|
|10||Ask Question in Forums|
|25||Answering Question Forums|
|50||Your Forums Response Marked as Answer|
|40||Submit Code Snippet|
|10||Responding to Code Snippet|
|350||Submit Video Tutorial|
|10||Responding to Video Tutorial|
|100||Submit Job Profile|
|30||Submit Career Advice Question|
|75||Submit Blog/Coding Horror|
|15||Responding to the Blog/Coding Horror|
|150||Submitting your Interview Experience|
|500||Refer a friend to be a member of DotNetFunda.Com|
|10||For everyday logging in to the website|
Apart from above Points value assigned automatically, a particular post point may be modified by the moderators / editors based on the quality of the posts.
DotNetFunda.Com Most Valuable Professional (MVP) award is given to those members whose contribution is recognized by their contribution (unique) in different sections during the year. Contribution can be defined as posting content or moderating content of the website. This award is given annually (June of last year to June of current year).
How to identify if a member is DotNetFunda.Com MVP (DNF MVP)?
Members awarded with DotNetFunda.Com MVP are given [MVP] status on their DotNetFunda.Com profile.
DNF MVP logo url: http://www.dotnetfunda.com/images/dnfmvp.gif
Discount token for ITFunda.Com's product and services
ITFunda.Com offers discount for all registered members of DotNetFunda.Com time to time. In order to generate your discount token, login to DotNetFunda.Com website, go to your profile and click on "Generate ITFunda.Com Discount Token Code" link.
Please note that if there is a discount going on for a particular product already, this discount can't be applied.
User Level - how it is calculatedUser Level at DotNetFunda.Com is calculated based on the contribution a particular user has made to the website. Contribution is measured in terms of "Winner of the month" prize they have got from us. There are following User Levels at DotNetFunda.Com.
- Starter - Any registered member who may have contributed to the website but have not won "Winner of the month" prize.
- Bronze - Registered member who has won at least 1 and less than and equal to 2 "Winner of the month" prizes.
- Silver - Registered member who has won at least 3 and less than and equal to 5 "Winner of the month" prizes.
- Gold - Registered member who has won at least 6 and less than and equal to 11 "Winner of the month" prizes.
- Diamond - Registered member who has won at least 12 and less than and equal to 17 "Winner of the month" prizes. - Eligible for annual gift *
- Platinum - Registered member who has won at least 18 and more "Winner of the month" prizes. - Eligible for annual bonus *
- NotApplicable - Not Applicable
- HonoraryPlatinum- Assigned to our respected team members whose contributions in the website is priceless.
* Applicable if at least some contributions (Keep winning any of the monthly prizes) are continuing in the following years.
User Status - what does it mean
User Status at DotNetFunda.Com is given to the members based on the role they play for the website. Following are the User Status and their meaning.
- Administrator - Administrator of the website.
- Member - Any registered member of the website.
- Moderator - DotNetFunda.Com team member who does moderation of a particular section (like Interview, Codes etc.)
- MVP - Registered members who is a Microsoft's MVP
- PanelMember - DotNetFunda.Com team Career Advice Panel members
your Status is not updated in your profile, please let us know.)
Winner Type - what does it mean
There are following winners types at DotNetFunda.Com.
- Winner - "Winner of the month", selected once in a month for almost every section, based on members' contribution
- RunnerUpWinner - "Runner up winner of the month", selected once in a month for almost every section, based member's contribution
- Recognition - Recognition for any specific work that is recognized as valuable for the website
- Appreciation - To appreciate any effort of a particular user for the website
How to edit my posts?
To edit your posts, go to Login page and login with valid credentials. Go to your profile by clicking on your Username at the top-left (just below the main menu), scroll down to the profile page to go to your Submissions; click on respective sections link that lists all posts by you in that section. Click Edit link against each post to edit that posts.
Alternatively, you can also Edit (If the post is active and already published) the post by going to the respective posts and clicking on "Edit ..." link just below the title of the post. Note that "Edit ..." link only appears when you are logged in.
What is recommended/recommended for job?
We at DotNetFunda.com recommend our selected members for job to our network of employers by marking their profile as Recommended for job
, see how a recommended profile looks like
. Recommendation is done considering several aspects of members professional career and some of them are
- Members' direct contribution in terms of showcasing their technical knowledge by sharing
- Articles & Tutorials,
- Helping other members in Forums to solve their problems
- Submitting valuable code snippets and other information in other sections of DotNetFunda.com
- Members' indirect contribution (in this case, we evaluate member technically before recommending) by
- moderating different sections of the website for long time.
- Helping members/visitors indirectly in some other form.
Employer? If you are an employer and want to know the basis of a recommendation for a particular member, please contact us.
Our decision is final on who should be recommended.