need a solution for this real time scenario

Posted by Gayathri under ASP.NET on 8/16/2012 | Points: 10 | Views : 1103 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 4
Hi ,
I did a face an interview question like this.
I was asked to write the design architecture for this problem .

The existing project is for corperation of chennai.
There are around 125 corperation s in list of tamil nadu.
where each corperation head will be able to view the report of other area.

now the proposed will be
Each corperation will have separate users and separate roles.
The chennai coroperation will be limited to the particular area heads.
whereas if you take avadi, ambatur and other area nearer to it will be viewed by Regional directorate of municipality administration.
And on top of this Commisionarate of municipalites should be able to view all the coorperation report irrelevant of the area wise seggeration.

The exisiting one has a single database.
will you design a separate database for each municipality or how will you redesign the same.

please write to me if you have any queries.

Responses

Posted by: San.Pblr.Gct on: 8/16/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
You always have to use one database instead of creating multiple databases. WHat you can do is when creating new user in UI, you have to give the option to see the corporation/areas where they will have permissions.

Then in Database user table, add column saying privileges/permittedarea/preferredarea something and save the user selected options. Now whenever user logins, based on his preferredarea, query the database display only those areas.

Gayathri, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Gayathri on: 8/17/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thanks San. for your valuable answer. I suggested the same thing. but they expect an alternate answer which could be implemented in 1 1/2 months.
the existing architecture has about 100 tables and 45 stored procs in all which we have to include a filter condition for the specific location and role if enhanced.
I am so much perplexed how can there be an alternate solution for this.
anywhich ways please help me if you can.. i am interested to know the answer for this.

Posted by: Gayathri on: 8/21/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
if possible please suggest a POC for this... i need to develop a POC and show on the best solution i suggest.

Posted by: San.Pblr.Gct on: 8/26/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
please post the detailed scenario here or send to my id

Login to post response