Want to make a website

Posted by Sureshkumar under ASP.NET on 12/18/2009 | Views : 1163 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 6
I want to make a website like dotnetfunda i really interested.. Can u give me the Suggestions.I am a .NET developer.

Responses

Posted by: Lakhangarg on: 12/18/2009 [Member] [Moderator] Silver

Up
Down
Hi Suresh-

Can you please explain what kind of suggestion you are looking for?

Thanks & Regards
Lakhan Pal Garg

Sureshkumar, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 12/21/2009 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
You want to Create a Forum, if yes ,here is the start

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/asp/codeproject-forum.aspx

Thank you for posting at dotnetfunda

Vuyiswa Maseko

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Posted by: Sureshkumar on: 12/21/2009 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
Currently i am practicing MVC Pattern and iBatis. I like to combine both Technologies and make a website Like Dotnetfunda means the site should contains the Forums,Articles,Interview Questions and all.i want to know how much disk space it will required?? wat abt the monthly bandwith?? is Sqlserver Enough for database??these type of doubts??

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 12/22/2009 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
Space it depends on what are you doing. if its a technology Forum like dotnetfunda you need enough space and more servers to handle the load from the visitors. before you create such a thing, get your act together and understand the basics of a Forum, look how forums work and how the messages are stored in the database and how they are retrieved. This will help you. i suggest you make a research before you start coding.

Vuyiswa Maseko

[Administrator]

Posted by: Sureshkumar on: 12/22/2009 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
THanks Vuyiswa Maseko,,
but i made my researches,, i knew hw to store the datas to the tables. I mean i designed the database. but my problem is i am going to get 1GB disk Server Space and 5 GB Band width for monthly transaction.is This enough?? i hav no idea.. hw can i make my own server???

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 12/22/2009 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
It Depends on the traffic that you expect. if i may ask what Type of Forum do you want to Build ?

[Administrator]

Login to post response