Difference in UI between post and reply

Posted by Rtpharry under DotNetFunda.Com on 1/18/2010 | Views : 1274 | Status : [Member] [MVP] | Replies : 2
I just noticed that there is a small difference between the user interfaces for post a question and post a reply.

In the reply section there is a javascript confirmation dialog which pops up asking you to confirm if you want to post your reply.

In the new post section the thread is submitted without any dialog box.

Personally I feel that the dialog box is redundant because you can always go back and edit your reply if you have made a mistake.

Responses

Posted by: Webmaster on: 1/18/2010 [Administrator] HonoraryPlatinum

Up
Down
Dear RtpHarry,

We feel that confirmation box gives one more chance to the user to look back whatever they have written and modify immediately (if needed) instead coming back to the same post again and edit.

We have noticed that this also helps user to stay back if by mistake this button has been clicked. So we have kept the confirmation box in the "Write New Post" form as well now.

Please let me know if agree on this.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Webmaster

Best regards,
Webmaster
http://www.dotnetfunda.com

Rtpharry, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: RtpHarry on: 1/19/2010 [Member] [MVP] Bronze

Up
Down
yes I understand where you are coming from and there is a logic behind it. I dont see it causing any other problems with accesibility or seo issues so I think its fine for it to stay.

Rtpharry, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response