Compilation Error while hosting in IIS

Posted by Prabu_Spark under ASP.NET on 11/6/2012 | Points: 10 | Views : 2152 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 2
Hi sir,
I am getting the below error while hosting my webservice in IIS. I am using Visual studio 2010 with framework 2 and framwork 4. I developed application in framework 4.0. I search in the website. I gave full permission to
"c:\windows\temp" and "c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\". I register Framework 4.0 to IIS using the "aspnet_regiis -i" command. I reinstall the IIS also. But still i cant able to solve the problem. Please give me the solution for this.

Server Error in '/add' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0016: Could not write to output file 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\add\4e6a5b0f\5d8f49b6\App_Web_defaultwsdlhelpgenerator.aspx.cdcab7d2.t5w3awcv.dll' -- 'Access is denied. '

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Microsoft (R) Visual C# 2010 Compiler version 4.0.30319.1
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

error CS0016: Could not write to output file 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\add\4e6a5b0f\5d8f49b6\App_Web_defaultwsdlhelpgenerator.aspx.cdcab7d2.t5w3awcv.dll' -- 'Access is denied. '

With regards,
J.Prabu.
[Email:prbspark@gmail.com]

With regards,
J.Prabu.
[Email:prbspark@gmail.com]

Responses

Posted by: Selfwilleddude on: 11/6/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
this may help you a little bit..
1. go to Start type CMD in search box and right click and run as Administrator.
2. iisreset and click enter.

Prabu_Spark, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Madhu.B.Rokkam on: 11/6/2012 [Member] [MVP] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
Try doing the following

Open IIS ->
Goto properties ->
ASP.Net tab ->
Set the right ASP.Net version selected there

reset the IIS and then check.

Thanks and Regards