changing the url of website when it is accessed in mobile devices

Posted by Koritala.Mahesh under ASP.NET on 12/12/2012 | Points: 10 | Views : 715 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
this is mahesh, i need one small help regarding..i have my website named as xxx. if i access my website in mobile devices, i need to get the url as m.xxx(mobile.websitename). how can i get like this ? could any one please send the code to my mail. my mail id is koritala.mahesh@gmail.com. i hope will expect atleast one for this... thank u

Responses

Posted by: Shameer.Ali87 on: 12/12/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
there are several ways to do it, but simple way i done it,
by finding the User Agent of the corresponding Device/OS, and the redirect to the corresponding page...
In my website, I had folders named IPhone, IPad & Dektop...
first, I founded the user agent of each devices separately and then made them redirect to corresponding page depending up on the user agent....
so, when the request is coming from IPad, then it will redirect to IPad.default.aspx, similarly for others...

thanks

shameer ali shaik

Koritala.Mahesh, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Shameer.Ali87 on: 12/12/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
let me know if u need any help..

shameer ali shaik

Koritala.Mahesh, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Koritala.Mahesh on: 12/12/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
heartful thanks shameer .....if u have any sample code plz make as a Zip file and send to mail. i hope u will send...thanku

Login to post response