Gridview pagination problem

Posted by Shoyebaziz123 under ASP.NET on 2/28/2013 | Points: 10 | Views : 1090 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 1
Hello All,

I am facing a problem with gridview ,
that there is more than 800 rows in database , i am retriewving all these record and bind to gridview setting allow paging true and page size 20 ,
it bind and show properly i.e pageing from 1 2 3 4 5 .......

on page index changing i have writ the code pageindex and setting datasource and databind method ... all of wrking fine

but my problem is that as there is currently 800 rows in future it may exxedd , while page load it takes several mint to bind gridview , also if i click page index it takes several time ....

my boss told that i have to get firstly 15 record then i choosing 2 page index i have to retriew next 15 record ... is it possible ... if yes how i can do this ?

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 2/28/2013 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

That is exactly what paging is doing in So what you should know that Paging will always work no matter how many records you have , but if you feel that your system performance might degrade , you need to start adding filters when searching the data , instead of binding the whole dataset that might never all be used.

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda

Shoyebaziz123, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response