Database compatibility issue.

Posted by Rahultk under Sql Server on 3/1/2013 | Points: 10 | Views : 1192 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 1
I have an asp application developed in 2001 which is using the database sql server 2008 R2. I have to users applicant and admin. Applicant section is working fine, but in admin section when i am trying to access the inner pages i am getting an error below....

[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]The query uses non-ANSI outer join operators ("*=" or "=*"). To run this query without modification, please set the compatibility level for current database to 80, using the SET COMPATIBILITY_LEVEL option of ALTER DATABASE. It is strongly recommended to rewrite the query using ANSI outer join operators (LEFT OUTER JOIN, RIGHT OUTER JOIN). In the future versions of SQL Server, non-ANSI join operators will not be supported even in backward-compatibility m

I have set the COMPATIBILITY_LEVEL = 80 then it workin fine but applicant section have some issues, how can i make compatible each modules? Please help me.....

Posted by: Pandians on: 3/3/2013 [Member] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Kindly change your script to ANSI-92 JOIN Format!

i.e: Use LEFT JOIN, RIGHT JOIN instead of *=, =*

*= or =* format supports upto SQL SERVER 2000 (Thats why it expecting you to change the COMPATIBILITY_LEVEL!)

iLink Multitech Solutions

Rahultk, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response