Is it possible to integrate WCF project into 3tier architecture project? [Resolved]

Posted by Hemanth.Gottipati under ASP.NET on 6/19/2013 | Points: 10 | Views : 5335 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 4
Hi,
I Developed Two projects one is using 3tier architecture and another one is using WCF..but now my requirement is i want to integrate WCF Project into asp.net 3tier architecture project..
Is it possible to integrate or not? if Possible how to integrate both...pls suggest me

Responses

Posted by: Jitendrasoft09 on: 6/20/2013 [Member] [MVP] Starter | Points: 50

Up
Down

Resolved
Hi,
It is nice question and it is possible to integrate anohter WCF project into some another asp.net 3-tier project with creating a proxy or mentioning the endpoint of WCF service URL in web.config file, plz look into below link that would be helpfule for you.
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/196345/Calling-WCF-Service-Across-a-Network

Jitendra Kumar
If my post helps you, plz mark as an answer.

Hemanth.Gottipati, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Jitendrasoft09 on: 6/20/2013 [Member] [MVP] Starter | Points: 50

Up
Down

Resolved
Hi,
That is WCF, wherever you need, you can use, better approach you do not copy and paste the aspx page to 3-tier project, add new project or existing project for WCF service project into 3-tier project, select what are the page you need to add or delete and in added project you need to set the permission or WCF endpoint configuration in web.config file to call the WCF project.

Jitendra Kumar
If my post helps you, plz mark as an answer.

Hemanth.Gottipati, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Hemanth.Gottipati on: 6/20/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi, thanks for ur reply..
In WCF project some aspx pages is there and 3-tier architecture also some aspx pages is there,so wcf project aspx pages are copied and pasted into 3-tier architecture,then how it will be working both (Exmaple:i want redirecting 3-tier architecture aspx page to wcf project aspx page and only one login for both) is it wroking or not..pls give me suggestion...

Posted by: Hemanth.Gottipati on: 6/20/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thank you...

Login to post response