Main differences are:
: this is mainly used for Intranet application
1) Offered by the NetTcpBinding class.
2) TCP binding uses TCP for cross-machine communication on the intranet
3) It supports a variety of features, including reliability, transactions, and security, and is optimized for WCF-to-WCF communication. As a result, it requires both the client and the service to use WCF.
4) Use netTcpBinding with Windows Authentication
Web Service (WS) binding
: this is mainly used for Internet application
1) Offered by the WSHttpBinding class
2) the WS binding uses HTTP or HTTPS for transport
3) offers a variety of features (such as reliability, transactions, and security) over the Internet
, all using the WS-* standards. This binding is designed to interoperate with any party that supports the WS-* standards.
Name Transport Encoding Interoperable
NetTcpBinding TCP Binary No
WSHttpBinding HTTP/HTTPS Text, MTOM Yes
Refer this link
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/431291/WCF-Services-Choosing-the-appropriate-WCF-binding Suneel161, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator