Adding reference problem in asp.net

Posted by Ankitsrist under ASP.NET on 11/6/2013 | Points: 10 | Views : 773 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 4
hello,
i have a web application when i debug that application it gives the error the namespace bussinesslayer could not be found are you missing giving reference and when i give reference in bin folder it gives the below error
"A reference to 'businesslayer' could not be added, a reference to the project 'businesslayer' already exist in the website"
I am unable to find where it is already exists

please help
thanks

Responses

Posted by: Allemahesh on: 11/6/2013 [Member] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Dear Ankitsrist,

Try to delete all the references from bin and reference folder and try to add it again.
Also dot forgot to add the namespace to class files where ever you are getting the error.

Happy Coding,
If it helps you or directs U towards the solution, MARK IT AS ANSWER

Ankitsrist, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Ankitsrist on: 11/6/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
thanks but i have only one project in the vs solution so there is no reference folder in that..

Posted by: Ankitsrist on: 11/6/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
i have given reference of datalayer in business layer and i have checked assembly info also namespace i given perfectly but still the same problem

Posted by: vishalneeraj-24503 on: 11/6/2013 [Member] [MVP] Platinum | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi, follow the steps :-

In the Solution Explorer -> Right Click on your project -> Add Reference
Then it will open popup window select *.dll files and click on add or ok button then selected dll files will be added into your Bin Folder.

Hope it helps you.

Login to post response