Error after deploying WCF service application in IIS 7.5

Posted by Srikar_Dotnetforum under WCF on 4/15/2014 | Points: 10 | Views : 978 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 1
`Hi Guys,

I am new to WCF concept, I have created a basic WCF Service application in visual studio 2010 Ultimate version. After I successfully creating this, I have hosted this in IIS. After that I tried to browse the file CalService.svc in virtual directory, but I was getting the following error.

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

My IIS version is IIS 7.0. PFA, the error page for reference.

Any help would be greatly helpful for me.
Thanks in Advance,

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 4/15/2014 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

WCF can be problematic when hosting it, you need to make sure that all is in order. The Error you get is just a generic Error that can mean many things.

1) You need to Check the .NET version that you develop your app if the framework is installed on your IIS

2) You need to make sure that the Handlers are also catered for in your IIS

3) You need to make sure that the Application pool you use for that application is pointing to the correct Framework.

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda

Srikar_Dotnetforum, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response