how to conduct online exam using asp.net

Posted by Jyothsna Reddy under ASP.NET on 6/3/2010 | Views : 3805 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
Hi friends!
am beginner to this dot net technology and am trying to develop something like online exam site.
Actually my requirement is:
1.when a user select quiz,one question should display per page at a time and total 10 questions for quiz.
2.when user enter an answer for that question,answer should store in a database(using sql server 2005).
3.after answering the 10th question,total 10 questions and answers should display at one page with result like
(question answer result(true/false)).
4.after that it should display performance of that particular user with the percentage weather that user performance is good,average,poor like that.
pl z friends help me to learn more.

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 6/3/2010 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
Good Evening Jyothsna

As a Beginner to this subject , i must advice you that when you come across such task you need to break the problem into modules. Meaning that you need to know how to add a question at a time, Display the Questions from the database , and calculate the correct answers and calculate the percentage. Well this question have been asked in all the forums. I think this will be a motivation for me to write an article. Give me two days i will have an article about this. Just need more time because of the lot of what i have on my plate. its simple, start by looking at the Wizard control to do the Single question thing.

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Jyothsna Reddy, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Jyothsna Reddy on: 6/5/2010 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
Good Morning Sir!
Please if u don't mind would u like to tel me the exact way to solve my problem,because am unable to do this one.No problem i will wait for your answer.
please help me to learn sir.
and am very very thanks for your reply sir!

Posted by: Rchennaiah on: 6/8/2010 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
Hi Jyothsna,
According Vuyiswamb, you can take wizard control and write each question in seperate step. final 10 th step , you should take finish button write logic for save data into database. After that data succesfully saved you can redirect some another summary page, in that you can take gridview or listview or table as u like and show 10 questions. Uder footer you can show result of user.
We have many articles how to use wizard control and data bound controls.

Login to post response