IE8 on Windows 7 Does not Respond

Posted by Vuyiswamb under IIS on 6/4/2010 | Views : 2114 | Status : [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] | Replies : 3
Good Day All

i have a machine that i use as a server, the machine is running Windows 7 and IIS 7. I am using Windows Xp and my browswe is IE8.

In my application i use Infragistics menu controls. The menu freezes, and they dont respond or calloapse. I have tried the Compatibility mode but it still does that.

Thanks

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Responses

Posted by: Raja on: 6/4/2010 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
I feel this is something to do with the .NET Framework installed on the server machine. Try targeting your server to the lower version of the .NET Framework.

Good Luck.

Regards,
Raja, USA

Vuyiswamb, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Kunal2383 on: 6/5/2010 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
Hi Vuyiswamb,

Is it only for a single site or for all sites it is doing the same behavior?

I think this is related to the IE8 version. I know that there was a bug in IE8 (earlier release) which makes the browser to freeze. Can you run Windows Update on that machine and try running the IE again after the full update? If that's the reason it will be solve.

Let me know.

Thanks & Regards,
Kunal Chowdhury | http://www.kunal-chowdhury.com | http://twitter.com/kunal2383

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 6/7/2010 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
Good Day All

Thank you for your reply. I have found the Problem was not on Infragistics. I think someone who does the same as i do will have this problem. To Resolve the Problem i went to the IIS Manager -->Collapse the the tree and select the Application Pools-->In the Managed Pipeline Mode, it was Integrated, i changed it to Classic and it worked.

Thanks

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Login to post response