open a page in asp.net using c#..

Posted by Gopal_nivas under ASP.NET on 11/8/2010 | Points: 10 | Views : 1699 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
hi..

i have two separate applications..

from application1 i was opened application2 in a new window..

from application2 i want to goto application1..

here the application1 was already opened so i dont want to open the same application again..the opened application is refreshed again .. tat s enough for me.. it will not open a new window once again..

how to dot this in c#..

need ur suggestions.

give some examples for tat..

regards
gopal.s

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 11/8/2010 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
If i understand you Correctly,

You have a web application 1 and Web application 2 and you want to access or show a page of web application in web application 2 ?

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Gopal_nivas, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Gopal_nivas on: 11/8/2010 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
hi Vuyiswamb..

thnaks for ur response...

no its not like tat..

from application1 i was opened appl.2.. and from app2 i was calling appli.1 in this scenarion i dont want to open the same application again because its already opened.. so when i call apppli.1 it will goto the aleady opened appli1 and open the required page..

need ur suggestions

regards
gopal.s

Posted by: SheoNarayan on: 11/8/2010 [Administrator] HonoraryPlatinum | Points: 25

Up
Down
There is something called parent child window in the browser that you can refer using JavaScript. In this case your parent will be the window of application 1 and child will be the window of application 2.

Read this article, this may help you.

http://www.dotnetfunda.com/articles/article994-how-to-receive-value-from-popup-page-to-parent-page-.aspx

Thanks

Regards,
Sheo Narayan
http://www.dotnetfunda.com

Login to post response