Drag Drop Functionality in Silverlight [Resolved]

Posted by Ashish25 under Silverlight on 11/17/2010 | Points: 10 | Views : 2650 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 5
Hello All,

I am developing an application in which i am suppose to drag and drop images on canvas and that canvas would be designed with multiple lines(columns) with fixed distance.

Those images would only be dropped within those dynamically created columns. and those images would be internally moveable within columns(horizontally as well as vertically) of that canvas.

I have created dynamic columns(lines) in canvas and i can drag and drop my images into columns of that canvas. now i want some help or logic to set my images in particular column as per the major area covered by image at the time of draopping.

like example if i try to drop image between 1st and 2nd column and major part(area) of image resides in 2nd column it would directly dropped into 2nd column. my major problem is i cannot identify no of lines which i have created dynamically to drop images inside.so further i can write logic of drag drop inside canvas.

It would be great help if someone gives me some ideas to implement this functionality.

Thanks

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 11/30/2010 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 50

Up
Down

Resolved
Good Evening Ashish

I have finished writing the article and it published in the following link
http://www.dotnetfunda.com/articles/article1086-drag-and-drop-in-silverlight-34-.aspx

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda

Vuyiswa Maseko

[Administrator]

Ashish25, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 11/25/2010 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
I am going to create an example or an article about this so that other can also see it

[Administrator]

Posted by: Ashish25 on: 11/25/2010 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hello Vuyiswa,

Let me know once you complete with an example or an article ASAP so i can implement it.

Thanks

Posted by: Ashish25 on: 12/3/2010 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hello Vuyiswa,

Thank you very much for your article for drag n drop and the help which you have provided me.

Thanks & Regards
Ashish Rajguru

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 12/3/2010 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
Good Day Ashish25

You are Welcome.

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda.

Vuyiswa Maseko

[Administrator]

Login to post response