Sp tuning--optimizing

Posted by Sivaprasadadiraju under Sql Server on 11/25/2010 | Points: 10 | Views : 2047 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
Hi,

i am getting data using sp from different tables and those tables contains lot of data around 3crs records.
and i am getting different counts from those tables using joins but it is taking lot of time.

How can i optimize this sp..and what are different ways can i implement for fast performance..

Thanks in advance,

SIVA PRASAD ADIRAJU

Responses

Posted by: Skraghava on: 11/25/2010 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi ,

Please provide the SP_helptext of the stored procedure, then we can optimize.

consider below points as well
1) are you really looking for 3cr data or some wrong with the joins is creating this much data.
2) Does the queries are optimized?
3) Though indexing will not always helps in improvement of the performance, but check if it is not a transactional table, create an index on columns on which you are doing join operation.

Still many things can be done, but without SP details i cannot comment much.

Thanks and regards,
Raghavendra SK

Sivaprasadadiraju, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 11/25/2010 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
1) Let us see the Query

2) Do you have indexes on the fields that you are using on your Join?

3) Did you use the Execution plan to see which part of taking long ?

4) Did you use Database Optimization to help you with indexes if you don't know where to start adding them?

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda

Vuyiswa Maseko

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Sivaprasadadiraju, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: PandianS on: 11/25/2010 [Member] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi

We have lot of Stored procedure tuning technics (Best Practice/Recommendations).

Give Us chance to provide tuning tips by posting your SP script here....

Cheers

Cheers
www.SQLServerbuddy.blogspot.com
iLink Multitech Solutions

Login to post response