Installing Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express in Windows 7

Posted by SheoNarayan under Error and Solution on 11/27/2010 | Points: 10 | Views : 8844 | Status : [Administrator] | Replies : 1

Every time I try to install Microsoft SQL Sever management studio I face the problem as its very difficult to find out where to install this option from SQL Server Installation Center from Start menu. So I feel some of you might also have faced this. Here are the steps to install SQL Server Management Studio Express in Windows 7 and I am almost sure this works for the Windows Vista as well.

Step 1:
Download the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 RTM - Management Studio Express from below link

Step 2:
Double click the downloaded file and select "New installation or add features to an existing installation" from the "Installation" tab.

Step 3:
Follow the steps and select "Management basics" or something similar from the steps and when asked to choose the features to install. It may take few moment to install and when done, look at the "Microsoft Sql Server 2008 R2" folder from Start menu.

Hope this will help someone.

Sheo Narayan

Posted by: Yrajudba on: 9/12/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

After entering the product key, i dont see any progress futher nor even to the nextwindow. no alerts.

i left the installation for more than 2 hours, but i dint find any progress, it remains the same

please provide me a solution

SheoNarayan, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response