Why am i getting Parser Error suddenly? [Resolved]

Posted by Laghaterohan under Regular Expressions on 12/8/2010 | Points: 10 | Views : 5338 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 1

One fine morning suddenly i am getting following error:

Parser Error Message: Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls.

Although the application is working fine enuf on development however, when deployed it generates the above error on almost many pages. I wonder why is this happening coz this error was not being generated couple of days back and we had made no changes to the application!

Please help!!

Best Regards,
Rohan Laghate

Posted by: Laghaterohan on: 12/8/2010 [Member] Starter | Points: 50

Hello All,

Finally i have resolved that issue...To tell you all above error is just horrible to the hilt..its so disgusting that it can take hours together or days to solve this one! seriously take my words..

I had googled enuf for the error and suprisingly none of the solutions given worked in my favour....Instead, what i did was opened my page having error in IIS and deleted all the code dynamically generated after </asp:Content> tab and it worked....but it took lots of time to figure out this one.....Basically this is generated if u use JQuery in your project...:(

May be this solution adds to the list of number of possibilities / solutions on how to solve the above error....

For now....cheers!!

Happy Coding :)

Best Regards,
Rohan Laghate

Laghaterohan, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response