Need coding in C# to view the Image in Grid View [Resolved]

Posted by Sathya4260 under ASP.NET on 12/17/2010 | Points: 10 | Views : 4831 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 6
Hi,

I am new to Asp.net Can any tell me how to display an image in Grid view, i have already stored the images in database in binary format..Kindly let me know the full codings using C# also is there any other way to show the images from sql server .Help me as soon as possible

I have read lot and lot of forums but none of it works for me kindly let the full coding

Thanks in advance.

Sathish Kumar S

Responses

Posted by: Sathya4260 on: 12/17/2010 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
hi,
I read lot and lot of forum but none works for me only the file only displays in grid view no images are displaying kindly help me soon..........

Sathish Kumar S

Sathya4260, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 12/17/2010 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
mmh to show an image in a gridview, you must use a Template Field and you have have the path of the image. Most of the time we dont store the images on the database, but we store the path to the images for faster retrieval. I have written an article where i was retrieving an RSS Feed, i was displaying the data on a gridview, and there was an image field. Please have a look at it

http://www.dotnetfunda.com/articles/article731-how-to-consume-other-sites-rss-in-aspnet-.aspx

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Posted by: Sathya4260 on: 12/20/2010 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thanks a lot for ur replies,,, it got the answers

Sathish Kumar S

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 12/20/2010 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
mark you post as resolved

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Posted by: Sathya4260 on: 12/21/2010 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
I have made my own coding, even though i marked the answer as saravanan's reply who gave some nice urls to referee...

Sathish Kumar S

Login to post response