Use C# Add Excel Borders

Posted by Cc9530 under C# on 1/6/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 20020 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
Here, we suppose you have written text in a cell of an Excel document. Now, you can add borders simply by setting the color and the line style with the sheet.Range["A1"].Borders.Color and sheet.Range["A1"].Borders.LineStyle methods. Something must be paid attention, sheet.Range["A1"].Borders method in Spire.XLS contains six borders:Four borders and two diagonals. You can delete the two diagonals by setting the sheet.Range["A1"].Borders[BordersLineType.DiagonalDown].LineStyle and sheet.Range["A1"].Borders[BordersLineType.DiagonalUp].LineStyle none.

Code of C# for adding excel borders :

01 using System.Drawing;

02 using Spire.Xls;

04 namespace ExtractText

05 {

06 class Program

07 {

08 static void Main(string[] args)

09 {

10 //Create a new workbook.

11 Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

12 Worksheet sheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];

14 //Write text in B2.

15 sheet.Range["B2"].Text = "Home page";

17 //Set the color of the six borders.

18 sheet.Range["B2"].Borders.Color = Color.Green;

20 //Set the line style of the borders.

21 sheet.Range["B2"].Borders.LineStyle = LineStyleType.Thick;

23 //Delete the diagonalDown border.

24 sheet.Range["B2"].Borders[BordersLineType.DiagonalDown].LineStyle = LineStyleType.None;

26 //Delete the DiagonalUp border.

27 sheet.Range["B2"].Borders[BordersLineType.DiagonalUp].LineStyle = LineStyleType.None;

28 sheet.AutoFitColumn(2);

30 //Save the file.

31 workbook.SaveToFile("Sample.xls");

33 //Launch the file.

34 System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("Sample.xls");

35 }

36 }

37 }

use vb.net code here:
http://www.e-iceblue.com/Knowledgebase/Spire.XLS/Program-Guide/how-to-use-csharp-or-vbnet-to-add-excel-borders.html

i could be the one

Responses

Posted by: T.saravanan on: 1/6/2011 [Member] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Cc9530,

Thanks for your sharing.

Thanks,
T.Saravanan

Cc9530, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Karthikanbarasan on: 1/6/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thanks

Nice code... i have a question here... when i export the datas from Grid view to excel, i can do the same formating stuffs andalso if want to take the same color of the grid view alternative rows wll that work here?

Thanks
Karthik
www.f5Debug.net

Posted by: Chvrsri on: 1/6/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Cc9530,

Your code might be very useful but , if u place it in Code Section it would be more better. Can u imagine booking a train ticket and going to a Bus Stand to board the train ? This is just like that.

Generally Users search codes at Codes Section . I feel your work shouldn't be wasted , so i kindly request you too move this post to codes Section . Then it will be used by many memebrs.

This is just my suggestion .

Hope you got my Point !!!

Thanks,
Radha Srikanth

Login to post response