why my website alignments changing from monitor to monitor

Posted by Naveen7in under Regular Expressions on 1/11/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 1272 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 4
why my website alignments changing from monitor to monitor...I have kept very content in div tag and set the position absolute then dragged that div tag according to my content...How should i align my website width and height...

Thank You...

Responses

Posted by: SheoNarayan on: 1/11/2011 [Administrator] HonoraryPlatinum | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Naveen,

As far as I know it is not good to keep the div position absolute as it maintain the absolute position irrespective of the monitor size. Ideally, you should use the width and height in the percentage for either table or div and any other html elements.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Regards,
Sheo Narayan
http://www.dotnetfunda.com

Naveen7in, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Naveen7in on: 1/11/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thank Your Very Much Sir....

Posted by: Karthikanbarasan on: 1/11/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Naveen,

Using div tag is not a good programming, and to maintain the height and width through try giving the size of the page in % instead of pixels that might also be one problem in this alignment issue.

Thanks
Karthik
www.f5Debug.net

Posted by: Suresh.mekkattil on: 1/12/2011 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,

I disagree with Karthi, I prefer div, but I do not prefer the position attribute to be set absolute.

You can use float attribute to solve your problem. remember, you need to call clear:both for clearing the float-right/float-left

-----
Suresh M

Login to post response