Resource file in Windows Application

Posted by Toashish80 under C# on 1/12/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 3482 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 4
I have a windows application built using c#. I am using a resource file in the application. The application works correctly whie building.
The problem is when I am installing this application using a windows setup project, I am not able to modify the resource file on the fly.

Responses

Posted by: Karthikanbarasan on: 1/12/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,

Wot type of resource file you try to modify while installing the package? is it a localized resource file or anyother... and wot issue u getting when trying to modify?

Thanks
Karthik
www.f5Debug.net

Toashish80, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Toashish80 on: 1/12/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
I want to modify the localized resource file. In the setup path, resource file is coming in the form of dll. The resource file in itself is not getting displayed. When I am explictly adding the resource file in the setup and then modify the resource file then the change is not getting reflected in the exe.

Posted by: Karthikanbarasan on: 1/12/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,

Add the "Localized Resources" project output group.

Thanks
Karthik
www.f5Debug.net

Up
Down
Check this site as well...

http://thedailyreviewer.com/dotnet/view/how-to-add-resource-files-to-a-windows-set-up-project-104554522

Thanks
Karthik
www.f5Debug.net

Login to post response