Crossdomain Error problem [Resolved]

Posted by Vuyiswamb under WCF on 2/2/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 3913 | Status : [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] | Replies : 1
Good Day All

I have a Policy file in the Root of my wwwRoot. and i have place it in the Folders of the indivisuall services, but i get a warning that says

Warning	1  Could not locate cross-domain policy at 'vuyiswa-pc': Web services might not be accessible at runtime by your Silverlight application. For more details please contact the web server administrator or press F1 after selecting this warning		0	0	

and this make my app to fail with the cross domain Error

An error occurred while trying to make a request to URI 'http://localhost/BLLBusiness/BLLService.svc'. This could be due to attempting to access a service in a cross-domain way without a proper cross-domain policy in place, or a policy that is unsuitable for SOAP services. You may need to contact the owner of the service to publish a cross-domain policy file and to ensure it allows SOAP-related HTTP headers to be sent. This error may also be caused by using internal types in the web service proxy without using the InternalsVisibleToAttribute attribute. Please see the inner exception for more details.

Does any have an Idea ?

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 2/3/2011 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

There are many reason to this . It does not matter if you have created the Silverlight enabled Service, this error will come, sometimes when you host the app it will disappear. but now i solved it by changing the application pool of the the IIS7 to .NET 4 classic and it worked.

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda

Vuyiswamb, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response