I want asp.net Page life Cycle in short form

Posted by Jyothika07 under ASP.NET on 2/7/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 6123 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 4
Hi I am attending for the Interiews,so i want Explination about Asp.Net Page Life cycle,suppose the interiewers asked the Page Life Cycle.
How i have to Explain to the them in short form can anyone help me on this.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
-Jyothika

Responses

Posted by: T.saravanan on: 2/7/2011 [Member] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25
Posted by: Prabhakar on: 2/7/2011 [Member] [MVP] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Jyothika,

if u want short brief for Page Life Cycle . so read this link . .

PreInit
Init
InitComplete
PreLoad
Load
go with this link . . read full overview

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178472.aspx

Best Regard's
Prabhakar

Jyothika07, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Dotnetcreed on: 2/8/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,
ASP.NET General Page Life-Cycle Stages

Page request - Determines whether the page needs to be parsed and compiled, or whether a cached version of the page
can be sent in response without running the page.

Start- Page properties such as Request and Response are set.,also determines whether the request is a postback or a new
request and sets the IsPostBack property.

Initialization - Each control's UniqueID property is set, master page and themes are also applied to the page. If the current
request is a postback, the postback data will not be loaded and view state values are not restored .

Load - If the current request is a postback, the postback data will be loaded and view state values are restored .

Postback event handling - If the request is a postback, the control event handlers are called and then the Validate method
of all validator controls is called, which sets the IsValid property of individual validator controls and of the page.

Rendering - View state for the page and all controls is saved before rendering.During rendering, page calls the Render method
for each control,and writes its output to the OutputStream object of the page's Response property.

Unload - Raised after the page has been fully rendered, sent to the client, and is ready to be discarded. At this point, page properties
such as Response and Request are unloaded and cleanup is performed.

Regards,
Sankardeep

Code till you bleed..........

Posted by: Karthikanbarasan on: 2/8/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi

If you want to get a clear idea try this link... it has the video tutorial as well

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/ASPDOTNETPageLifecycle.aspx

Thanks
Karthik
www.f5Debug.net

Login to post response