Putraloss
All Time Authors
Jayakumars
Karthikanbarasan
Chvrsri

Latest members | More ...

(Statistics delayed by 5 minutes)
 Forum Post

Service 'xx' has zero application (non-infrastructure) endpoints. This might be because no configura

SheoNarayan
Posted by SheoNarayan under Error and Solution on 2/23/2011 11:17:20 PM | Points: 10 | Views : 14672 | Status : [Microsoft_MVP] [Administrator] | Replies : 2

When I was trying to add the reference of my web services over netTcpBinding, I got following error.

Service 'WcfService.Service1' has zero application (non-infrastructure) endpoints. This might be because no configuration file was found for your application, or because no service element matching the service name could be found in the configuration file, or because no endpoints were defined in the service element.

I resolved this error by changing the name of the service to fully qualified name. Below is the code snippet.

<services>

<service name="WcfService.Service1" behaviorConfiguration="NetTcpServiceBehavior" >
<endpoint address="" binding="netTcpBinding" contract="WcfService.IService1" name="netTcpBindingEndpoint">
<identity>
<dns value="localhost"/>
</identity>
</endpoint>
<endpoint address="mex" binding="mexTcpBinding" contract="IMetadataExchange" bindingConfiguration=""
name="MexTcpBindingEndPoint"/>
<host>
<baseAddresses>
<add baseAddress="net.tcp://localhost:9864/WcfService" />
</baseAddresses>
</host>
</service>

Notice the bold and italic service name in the code snippet.

Regards,
Sheo Narayan
http://www.dotnetfunda.com

Posted by: Madhu.b.rokkam on: 2/23/2011 [Member] [MVP] Bronze | Points: 25

Thanks for sharing this with all Sheo..

good one..

Thanks and Regards
Madhu

SheoNarayan, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Karthikanbarasan on: 2/23/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Good one sheo!!!

Thanks
Karthik
www.f5Debug.net

SheoNarayan, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response

Found interesting? Add this to: