Do you want to be AGILE!

Posted by Gsolvers under Design Pattern & Practices on 3/6/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 1532 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 4
Guys I want disadvantages and challenges in following AGILE methodology. This will be very helpful.

Best Regards,

VG
www.TeacherJi.com

Responses

Posted by: Akiii on: 3/6/2011 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
@Gsolvers...........this is what i found by researching a bit in the internet, i hope this will help you....!

Advantages of Agile:-

***Agile methodology has an adaptive team which is able to respond to the changing requirements from time to time.
***The team does not have to invest time and effort and finally find that by the time they delivered the product, the requirement of the customer has changed.
***Face to face communication and continuous inputs from customer.
***The end result is the high quality software in least possible time duration and satisfied customer.

Disadvantages of Agile Methodology:-

***In case of some software deliverables, especially the large ones, it is difficult to assess the effort required at the beginning of the software development life cycle.
***There is lack of emphasis on necessary designing and documentation.
***The project can easily get taken off track if the customer representative is not clear what final outcome that they want.
***Only senior programmers are capable of taking the kind of decisions required during the development process. Hence it has no place for newbie programmers, unless combined with experienced resources.

Challenges in Agile projects:-

***Agile requires very good time management skills not only from the PM/Scrum Master but also from each and every team member. Maintaining the time management skills for long is a challenge.
***Focus only on the final build to test all the functionality at one shot.
***Development and testing are not done in parallel, due to lack of time.

Ref: http://www.my-project-management-expert.com/the-advantages-and-disadvantages-of-agile-software-development.html

Gsolvers, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Gsolvers on: 3/6/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Great information!

But I am looking for information from Real Life and actually from the people who are using AGILE and finding some challenges. This will help us in sorting out the issues and becoming true AGILE.

Regards,

Vikas

Best Regards,

VG
www.TeacherJi.com

Posted by: Akiii on: 3/6/2011 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
Oh sorry vikas, presently i am not working in agile so i will not be able to help you but i hope there are many people who are working, surely they will help you.

Thanks and Regards
Akiii

Posted by: Gsolvers on: 3/6/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
No worries!
I will wait till other jump in:)

Best Regards,

VG
www.TeacherJi.com