Error in sqlserver in using username and password

Posted by Klbaiju under Sql Server on 3/28/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 1222 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 6
Hi,
Iam using sqlserver 2005.iam connecting it by windows authentication.now i want to connect with sqlserverauthentication using username and password.how it is possible.I tried by enter username and password but showing error.

Regards

K L BAIJU

Responses

Posted by: Pavanandey on: 3/29/2011 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
make sure the user name and password what your are using are correct
(or)
try creating a new user

Thanks
Pavan Kumar
Mark Answer if this fits the need

Klbaiju, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: PandianS on: 3/29/2011 [Member] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hey

Kindly post the Error message..

Cheers

Cheers
www.SQLServerbuddy.blogspot.com
iLink Multitech Solutions

Posted by: Madhuk on: 3/30/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
It would be easy to trace if you post the error you are getting.
One reason may be while you installed the sql server you may not checked for both the windows and sql authentication.

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 3/30/2011 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
Good Day friends

iam connecting it by windows authentication.now i want to connect with sqlserverauthentication using username and password.how it is possible.I tried by enter username and password but showing error.

Let us read the Question before answering. The guy here is used to the Windows authontication and now he wants to use SQL Authontication. So he cant use the Windows Authontication in the SQL Authontication. So to resolve this , he will need to create a user and give the user the username and password then he can login with SQL Authontication.

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Posted by: Madhuk on: 3/30/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
@vuyiswamb:he will need to create a user and give the user the username and password then he can login with SQL Authontication.
op:I tried by enter username and password but showing error.
OP mentioned he did tried with a username and password that tells he has created a user.

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 3/30/2011 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
He probably tried the username and password for his domain , meaning the one he uses for Windows Authentication not the SQL one.

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Login to post response