SQL SERVER INTERGRATION SERVICES

Posted by Siva.boggarapu under Sql Server on 4/19/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 1070 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 2
Hello guys,

I have small question on SSIS. Let's say I have 100 packages in my project. So, I want to excuted 50 packages one day and another 50 packags has to excute some another day. I know we can do it using jobschduling in sql server , but not sure. If any body knows answer, Please tell to me

Regards,
siva,
skyme:siva.boggarapu.ef

Responses

Posted by: Sashys on: 4/19/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
I Think you wanted to automate the process. The easy option would be to create a SQL Server Agent job, and just have three steps within the job, one for each package.

A more SSIS orientated approach would be to use a master package, that can contain multiple execute package tasks, one for each of your existing packages. Link the Execute package Tasks together with workflow constraints to enforce the order of execution for the tasks and the packages.

This link might help you : http://www.mssqltips.com/tip.asp?tip=1775

Sasikumar .M

Siva.boggarapu, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Karthikanbarasan on: 4/19/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Siva,

Executing an SSIS package is purely based on the purpose... U have mentioned like you need to execute first 50 on day 1 and remainig 50 on day 2. Before taking into consideration we need to see on the dependencies first.

Next thing we can create a simple table and put the jobs name and the priority to fetch and execute the job. this way you can keep the customization since in future if u have more jobs like from 100 to 200 it increased we can have control using a table.

First let me know the process so that we can go further....

Thanks
Karthik
www.f5Debug.net

Siva.boggarapu, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response