can develop soa using the 3 tier

Posted by Jameschowdare under ASP.NET on 4/16/2009 | Views : 2293 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 2
what are the desing patterns,
why we need to choose other than 3 tier, pls explain me.
what is nessacity go with soa(instead of 3 tier)
explain the 3 tier drawbacks

and suggest me what is easy way to learn all the desigin patterns

thanks
james chowdare

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 4/16/2009 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
Good Day Jameschowdare

Jameschowdare wrote:
what are the desing patterns,
In software engineering, a design pattern is a general reusable solution to a commonly occurring problem in software design. A design pattern is not a finished design that can be transformed directly into code. It is a description or template for how to solve a problem that can be used in many different situations. Object-oriented design patterns typically show relationships and interactions between classes or objects, without specifying the final application classes or objects that are involved. Algorithms are not thought of as design patterns, since they solve computational problems rather than design problems.

Not all software patterns are design patterns. Design patterns deal specifically with problems at the level of software design. Other kinds of patterns, such as architectural patterns, describe problems and solutions that have alternative scopes.

Jameschowdare wrote:
why we need to choose other than 3 tier, pls explain me.
As the above have said , Different Systems have different designs. But in all my System i used the N-Tier Design. It makes a lot more easier, a big team of developers can work on project very easly and the maintanance of the application will be very easy, the other good thing about N-tier is that if your client want to go from Windows to Web or Add mobile views to their application, it will be easy because the layer can be called by any PL(Presentation Layer), i have written some articels on the N-tier check here

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/N-Tier22.aspx
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/NTier.aspx
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/vb/N-Tier_Application_VB.aspx

Jameschowdare wrote:
what is nessacity go with soa(instead of 3 tier)

The above articles will give you an answer

Jameschowdare wrote:
and suggest me what is easy way to learn all the desigin patterns
There is only one way to learn , is to buy a book.

Thank you for Posting at Dotnetfunda

Were Looking Forward for your reply

Vuyiswa Maseko

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Jameschowdare, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Jameschowdare on: 4/24/2009 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
All the given descriptions is not suffiecnet , im not asking how to 3 tier , all the given the links are for the learn only .

pls we need to go some indepth

Jameschowdare, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response