Visual studio 2010 installation problem

Posted by Bhanubysani under ASP.NET on 8/12/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 1250 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
hi iam installing vs 2010 in winows 7 x86.i laraedy installed sqlserver 2008.when iam installing vs 2010 it says its not a valid installer package..like windows xp we have to install any service pack for windows 7?

i have a doubt i have downloaded Visual Studio express editions of microsoft..these are trail versions or not.in one website i saw it is never time out product..is it right?

iam just using this in home only..there is no problem with these products in feature.

when iam using Visual Studio express editions it is suitable for silverlight or not..plz clarify it?

Regards,
Bhanu Prakash Bysani

Responses

Posted by: SheoNarayan on: 8/12/2011 [Administrator] HonoraryPlatinum | Points: 25

Up
Down
Yes, Silverlight app can be developed using Visual Studio Express.

You might have downloaded different package that is not supported in 32 bit machine. Look at your system configuration and download the appropriate package.

Thanks

Regards,
Sheo Narayan
http://www.dotnetfunda.com

Bhanubysani, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Itorian on: 8/15/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
It is always recommended to read the installation manual before getting started. please check the microsoft website for detailed information. http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/visual-basic-express Read the system requirement here.

Well for silverlight development Visual Studio is not sufficient but at the beginning it's ok. For Silvelight advanced development you need to install Microsoft Expression Studio (that includes suite of softwares).

Student of M.Tech IT | Microsoft MVP | Mindcracker MVP | IT Faculty | Blogger | Author

Posted by: Manasbe on: 8/17/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
The installation is failing may be due to:
1. The SETUP is corrupted while downloading from the Microsoft website. Try downloading one more time and check the installation. If possible, try to install it from the DVD coming with so many magazines like CHIP, DIGIT.
2. Also verify the correct version is installed. Like on 32 bit machine one should install x86/32bit related installer. From the error you have mentioned, it seems the error is due to wrong(amd64/64bit) installer used on 32bit machine.

You can use express edition for the silverlight developement.

Login to post response