MS SQL Server 2008R2 not getting installed

Posted by Yrajudba under Sql Server on 9/12/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 4439 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 9
HI,

I am trying to install MSSQL Server 2008R2 enterprise edition dump on my machine, which is a genuine product.
when i am trying to install,after giving the product key, there is no further progress, i dont receive any error message/alerts, not even log files are generated.

i tried this installation 5 times, but the same, even i tried with repair option to install my software dump on my machine, but it is same.
till product key, i can able to proceed, once after entering the product key, then i dont see any new window, it keep quite.

please help me, how to resolve this isssue

thanks in advance

Raju

Responses

Posted by: Rickeybglr on: 9/12/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Uninstalled all the features releated to sql server frm control panel. Now right click on setup.exe, change compatibility mode acc to ur OS. then run setup as adminisrator. try ths i hope ths wud work.

Yrajudba, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: SheoNarayan on: 9/12/2011 [Administrator] HonoraryPlatinum | Points: 25

Up
Down
I got your problem. Sometimes even if it doesn't show any progress the process goes on internally. So just leave it as it is for half an hour or more and it should finish.

You can also look at following threads

http://www.dotnetfunda.com/forums/thread2966-installing-microsoft-sql-server-management-studio-express-in-windows-7.aspx
http://www.dotnetfunda.com/forums/thread3505-installing-sql-server-20052008-in-windows-7.aspx
http://www.dotnetfunda.com/forums/thread5066-installing-vs-2010-and-sql-server-2008.aspx

Thanks

Regards,
Sheo Narayan
http://www.dotnetfunda.com

Posted by: Yrajudba on: 9/12/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Rickey,

can you please explain me, how to change compatibility mode from acc to my OS. to run the sql server installation smoothly.

waiting for your reply

Thanks ,
Raju

Up
Down
HI Sheo Narayan,

I left the installation for more than 2 hours, i too though in the same way that the installation is going internally.
But it is still in the same condition, no change. so i rebooted the machine and i tried. the same story again.
i am checking for the solution in the links provided by you.

Thanks
Raju

Up
Down
Yrajudba,

right click on setup.exe file thn go to compatibilty tab, then u will get the option "run this program in comaptibilty mode for window 7". check this option and apply it. afer this again right click on setup.exe file and select option "run this program as system administrator".

Up
Down
Hi,

I checked for the compatibility in Windows7. But i dint find Windows7 in the drop down.
i am sending you the screen shot for your reference.

waiting for your reply and suggestions.

thanks in advance
Raju
 Download source file

Up
Down
oops !! i am not able to view screenshot...coz my comapny has blocked downloading !!!

Up
Down
Hi,

I dont find the windows7 option in the change compatibility dropdown

Posted by: Yrajudba on: 10/18/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
any suggestions...