how can i display username must in login page?

Posted by Sudheep.grandhe under C# on 10/20/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 1149 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 12
Hi,

how can i display username must in login page?.my requirment is username * like *-indicates mandatory .bottom of the loginpage.developed by XXXX it should me scrollable or blinking format.please do the needful.

Best,
Sudheep.

Responses

Posted by: Ndebata on: 10/20/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Try to use validation event for textbox used to enter the login name. In the validating event try to show a lablel with red star or an error control
with a proper tooltip message

If you want to blink something use a timer to set the visible true and false after a certain duration.

Sudheep.grandhe, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Sudheep.grandhe on: 10/20/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,

I am not getting you.can you please explain step by step

Best,
Sudheep.

Sudheep.grandhe, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Oswaldlily on: 10/20/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
In case of window application

Can u see ErrorProvider in Toolbox??
U just drag it to your form..

then include this code
errorProvider1.setError(textbox1,"Field is mandatory")

textbox1 is textbox id for username

Up
Down
if u using web application kindly follow this

<asp:TextBox ID="t1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
<asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="r1" runat="server" ErrorMessage="plz enter username" Text="*" ControlToValidate="t1"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
<asp:Button ID="btn" runat="server" Text="submit" />

Up
Down
Hi,

I am using windows applications.How can we create a dropdownlist in mdi forms.that means if i enter the credentials in login page .the user is valid .it shows the mdi form in that several forms also placed.how can i do this.please tell me the procedure for that.please do the needful.

Best,
Sudheep.

Up
Down
u need dropdownlsit in all forms??

Up
Down
Hi,

yes i need it.

Best,
Sudheep.

Up
Down

Use inheritance. Any properties base form are inherited by a derived form.

Up
Down
Hi,

that kind of propeties are availlable? i dont no how to use those

Best,
Sudheep.

Posted by: Hmanjarawala on: 10/20/2011 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
you can't create any component on mdi file

Himanshu Manjarawala
Sr. Software Engineer@AutomationAnywhere
http://fieredotnet.wordpress.com/

Up
Down
Hi,

My requirment is i have login page.when ever enter the credentials if the user is valid it will directs to the mdi page.in the mdi page file->newinvoice,updatevat,exit are there.if i made a click on the newinvoice it will shows newinvoice window..please do the needful.

Best,
Sudheep.

Posted by: Mittaikariss on: 10/24/2011 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
I think you are asking Roll Management...admin and also user and............ then admin using all forms but user should be use particular forms .....is it correct....?

http://www.invomtech.com/

....sundarsowmia....

Login to post response