how to backup Database automated in sqlserver in particular times?

Posted by Seenu.prathi913 under Sql Server on 10/26/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 1412 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 7
Hi to all,
i want to backup automated in particular times using sqlserver2008.
Ex: i want to backup automated today 2PM,4:30Pm,7PM.
How to do this task?
help me

srinivas

Responses

Posted by: Akiii on: 10/27/2011 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Seenu,
Please refer to link provided below for scheduling automatic backup in SQL Server 2008:-

http://weblogs.asp.net/sreejukg/archive/2010/01/20/scheduling-automated-backup-using-sql-server-2008.aspx

I hope it will help you
Thanks and Regards
Akiii

Seenu.prathi913, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Seenu.prathi913 on: 10/27/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thank You Akiii,
But i have one doubt,in that what is the difference between Maintananceplan and Maintananceplan wizard.
In my system i am getting Maintananceplan wizard only.
how to get Maintananceplan,in that right click and add new Maintananceplan ,i am not getting any window for next process.

Thanks inadvance

srinivas

Seenu.prathi913, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Sriramnandha on: 10/27/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,

U can use Logshipping in to create Database Maintenance to Fix the time to backup file..

hope this will help..
u need more information pls look my blog
http://databaseresource.blogspot.com/

Regards
Sriram.R

sriram

Up
Down
Hi srinivas,
What sql server edition you are using ?
I am using SQL SERVER 2008 ENTERPRISE EDITION in which i can only see maintenance plans. There is no maintenance plan wizard.

Akiii

Posted by: Seenu.prathi913 on: 10/27/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Akiii,
Right Now i am using SQL SERVER 2008 MANAGEMENT STUDIO EDITION

In this i am gettting maintenance plans and maintenance plans wizard
But whenever right click on maintenance plans and select new maintenance plans ,it is not working.
what is the problem

srinivas

Up
Down
Hi,
I have attached one sample image, unzip it and see the picture.

I think there is some permission problem is your machine. Are you the admin of the SQL server 2008 ?

Akiii
 Download source file

Up
Down
Hi,
To schedule maintenance plan, you need to have "SYSADMIN" database role. If you dont see the maintenance node, make sure you have the necessary permission.

Akiii

Login to post response