How to display error information

Posted by NTurnbullJr under Error and Solution on 11/5/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 1561 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 1

I am wondering how to see the complete text of an error message for an error I seeing in the message box shown in the attached zip file. The error is truncated.
Also shown in the zip file is an error display that I copied from a post by SheoNarayan which is like what I would like to see for my error.
Can anyone tell me how I get to that?
Thank you.

P.S. I am using VS 2010 on WIndows 7 and this is a Silverlight 4 with RIA Services application that I am debugging.

Posted by: NTurnbullJr on: 11/5/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

I found an OnError routine in my Domain Service. After putting a debug breakpoint on that it stopped there and I see that the contents of DomainServiceErrorInfo..Error.Message contains "The 'boolActive' property on 'Scorecard_Measure' could not be set to a 'String' value. You must set this property to a non-null value of type 'Boolean'. " I also nopticed that I can see this error in full detail in the Intellisense view.
This puts me on track to resolve the error but I would really like to know if there is a way to have the debug info "pop up" on the screen somehow when errors like this occur. Does anyone know how I can do that?

Here is the code from the domain genearted OnError routine:

protected override void OnError(DomainServiceErrorInfo errorInfo)
if (errorInfo.Error.Message.Contains("inner exception"))

NTurnbullJr, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response