restore the database was problem?

Posted by Sudheep.grandhe under Sql Server on 12/8/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 2883 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 14
Hi,

i want to restore the database.but it shows the following error.please help me.please do the needful.
restore database mars from disk='C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup'

Msg 3201, Level 16, State 2, Line 2
Cannot open backup device 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup'. Operating system error 5(Access is denied.).
Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 2
RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

Best,
Sudheep.

Responses

Posted by: Rrana on: 12/8/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Sudheep,

'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup' is a server location.
you need to restore the DB from server itself.

Regards,

Sucharitha Goud
Bank Of America..

Sudheep.grandhe, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Sudheep.grandhe on: 12/8/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,

Thanks for replying to me.can you please explain it .I am not understanding what you said.please do the needful.

Best,
Sudheep.

Sudheep.grandhe, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Rrana on: 12/8/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Sudheep,

'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup' this is not your local system location.
Server location means where your Database actually stored.

Sucharitha Goud
Bank Of America..

Posted by: Arefin on: 12/8/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Sudheep,

Just backup at different location except (C:\...) and then try Restore. I think, your problem will be solved.

Thanks,
Arefin

Up
Down
Hi,

How can i find the location of the database

Best,
Sudheep.

Posted by: Meetsatyajee on: 12/8/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Just check where your database is placed i.e Physical location or drive as for examples c:\My folder

Up
Down
Hi,

I am changing the path like this.restore database mars from disk='F:\'
it shows the error.
Msg 233, Level 20, State 0, Line 0
A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.)

Best,
Sudheep.

Up
Down
Hi,

I am changing the path like this.restore database mars from disk='F:\'
it shows the error.
Msg 233, Level 20, State 0, Line 0
A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.)

Best,
Sudheep.

Posted by: Blessyjees on: 12/8/2011 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,

This error means that you do not have access permission to this location. You should add peemission and try. Just go to this location manually. when you are getting access error message, right click of that folder->security-> add permission.

Blessy Baby
Digitalmesh Softech pvt Ltd
https://blessybaby.wordpress.com/

Up
Down
Hi,

Thanks for replying to me.As you said i am enabling the security configurations.again it shows the error.

Msg 3102, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
RESTORE cannot process database 'mars' because it is in use by this session. It is recommended that the master database be used when performing this operation.

Best,
Sudheep.

Up
Down
Hi,

Actually my problem is unfortunately i drop one table.for this i am restore the db again.there is any another way to get only one table from backup to the db.

Best,
Sudheep.

Posted by: Meetsatyajee on: 12/8/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Please check in Your Sql server Surface area Configuration in Service->Remote Connection->Radio button Local and Tcp is chosen or not->TCP.

Thanks
Satyajee Srivastava

Posted by: Cnagasa on: 12/8/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi sudheep,

we have to select the options (right side ) select the check box overwrite the existing the database
then we have try it

regards
Sudarshan.C

sudarshan.c

Posted by: Sudheep.grandhe on: 12/9/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,

Thanks for replying to me.i did that it shows the error:

Restore failed for Server 'MARS-104'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: Exclusive access could not be obtained because the database is in use. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

Best,
Sudheep.

Login to post response