CMS Website in ASP.NET

Posted by Alok under ASP.NET on 12/18/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 4469 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
What Is CMS in ASP.NET.
How Can I Create A Simple CMS Website in Asp.NET with C#.
Please provide me a simple Steps To Create it.

Thanks & Regards,

Thanks & Regards,
Alokssm

Responses

Posted by: SheoNarayan on: 12/18/2011 [Administrator] HonoraryPlatinum | Points: 25

Up
Down
CMS means Content Management System , its an application that is used to create a website whose content can be managed dynamically without actually downloading and modifying the page.

A simple CMS can be a page with Rich Text Editor that will take input from user and save the content to the database and another page that will show the content based on the id of the record from the database table.

Its like saving the content into the database and showing on the page. The benefit you get is that if user wants to modify the content he will not need to download the page and modify as the content of that page will come from the database so you can simply provide ability to modify the content of the database to user.

To sum up following should be the steps
1. Create a page with Rich Text Editor that can accept html input as well and save it into the database.
2. Create a page that takes input as the content id of the database table and displays the content on the page.
3. Create a admin panel that allows user to modify the content of the database.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Regards,
Sheo Narayan
http://www.dotnetfunda.com

Alok, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Alok on: 12/18/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thanks SheoNarayan,
Can you provide me some useful links...

Thanks & Regards,
Alokssm

Posted by: Arefin on: 12/18/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
hey,

Just visit the following site, you will get Idea:
http://evonet.com.au/creating-a-content-management-system-for-your-asp-net-web-site/

Thanks,
Arefin

Login to post response