Deploying a c# client server project in client side

Posted by Nishadullas under Project Management on 12/19/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 1603 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 1

I have created a small billing application for my shop using c# language in visual studio 2010 and with database as sql server 2008 R2...
i want to install the application in shop, so can anyone tell me how to do the deployment and other procedures, so that the application get started in plug and play type.
I just know a basic idea of creating setup file but never installed in a third computer.
And please help me how to manage the database, as i got an idea that we have to use sql express edition and not the entire sql server for managing database.
Please give a proper idea how to do that and also give me a small idea of the third party liscense agreement regarding sql express edition.

Thank you.

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 12/30/2011 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

if you have more than one Cashiers in your Shop, Create One database Server (Computer) that will hold the SQL. and Make the other machines to Point to the central Database. Install your Application and make sure the app.config points to the correct place.

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda

Nishadullas, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response