Customizing Toolbar buttons for Ajaxtoolkit HTMLEditor

Posted by Vpundru under ASP.NET AJAX on 9/18/2009 | Views : 22427 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 4
am working on the control. I am using 5-6 in a single page which need to load in same page. It is taking much time to load the page. Can any one tell me what need to do in order to load it fast.

Default it is adding all the tool bar button , but i want to customize the toolbar buttons using CSS or Skin. can u let me know what need to do in CSS or Skin.

As i know in CSS setting the styles and formating is available using the following function, but i want to customize the toolbar controls, like having only buttons of bold,Italic, cut,paste etc.

.ajax__htmleditor_editor_toptoolbar
.ajax__htmleditor_editor_editpanel
.ajax__htmleditor_editor_bottomtoolbar
.ajax__htmleditor_editor_container
.ajax__htmleditor_toolbar_button
.ajax__htmleditor_toolbar_button_hover

The other way i tried custom control using a class file defining toolbars.

Responses

Posted by: Ghmcadams on: 2/10/2010 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
I just added a tip to my blog showing how to set the default state of the editor's toolbar buttons. http://www.thecodepage.com/post/Change-the-default-state-of-an-AJAXControlToolkit-HTMLEditor-Toolbar-Button.aspx

Vpundru, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Rtpharry on: 9/18/2009 [Member] [MVP] Bronze

Up
Down
Hey,

In my experience I have seen a small delay with all the different rich text editors I have used. They are complicated controls so they take a bit longer.

You can customise the buttons on the toolbar by subclassing the control and overriding the toolbar setup.

This tutorial shows you how:
http://www.asp.net/Learn/Ajax-Control-Toolkit/tutorial-50-cs.aspx

Posted by: Vpundru on: 9/18/2009 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
Hey,

Thanks for ur reply. I tried that one. It is working but taking little bit long time. I would like to know rather than that method like using Skin for doing changes for loading the toolbar button.

Posted by: Rtpharry on: 9/22/2009 [Member] [MVP] Bronze

Up
Down
Do you mean it takes a long time to load or it takes you a long time to create?

I dont know of any other ways, you might be able to use css to hide certain buttons - it depends if each button has its own unique class/id name?

Login to post response