Registration form and its contents which user entered is to be save in database.

Posted by Sathiya_Narayanan under ASP.NET on 3/14/2012 | Points: 10 | Views : 914 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 9
Hi,
I am developing a form(certificate) in which user is entering all details as per the form and the details is also saving in database..
i created the form and details entering by users is all saving in database, my question is after doing this the form which i have designed and user entered data's all details it should be convert into word or pdf format to take print flexible.

Thankyou,

SATHIYANARAYANAN

Responses

Posted by: sourabhghosh49-13964 on: 3/14/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
use reports for that.....
this is inbuilt feature of .net.

sourabh

Sathiya_Narayanan, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Sathiya_Narayanan on: 3/14/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
can u explain little bit briefly..

SATHIYANARAYANAN

Sathiya_Narayanan, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: CGN007 on: 3/14/2012 [Member] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,
You can make use of Crystal Report for creating the desired pdf document.

Please refer this link
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/20670/Dynamic-Crystal-Report-with-C

Posted by: Sksamantaray on: 3/14/2012 [Member] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,SATHIYANARAYANAN.E.N
After you save all your data you can user reporting service(SSRS) view your data in specific format which infact can be converted to .xls,.pdf or .doc

Thanks,
Sanjay

Posted by: Sathiya_Narayanan on: 3/14/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hello sir,
I need to convert the .aspx form (certificate) which i have designed and according to that particular applicant's details which i have saved in database is to appeared in that form and then to convert in pdf or word. As generating the individual certificates which is to be in pdf or .doc

Thanks,

SATHIYANARAYANAN

Posted by: Sksamantaray on: 3/15/2012 [Member] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
If you go for Report you have to have a rdlc or rdl file similar to your form.
Then you can keep a print icon which will call the report.
The report has export option using which the output can be exported to pdf or excel as per selection.

Thanks,
Sanjay

Posted by: Sathiya_Narayanan on: 3/15/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thank you sir,
sir can u tell me any link regarding reports to learn it, as how to use the report services as a fresher i dono it.
which is use full to my work.

Thanks,

SATHIYANARAYANAN

Posted by: CGN007 on: 6/29/2012 [Member] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Mark as Answer if it helpful to you,that motivates...

Login to post response