How do you think about Spire.Doc for .NET and Silverlight?

Posted by Tina1986 under C# on 3/16/2012 | Points: 10 | Views : 2749 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 2
Recently I want to develop a .NET application related to Word. Most of my friends recommend Spire.word for me. But I am not quite sure about it. Then I searched in Google, This spire.doc for .NET is truly in the front . That is a brief introduction on its offical site :Spire.Doc is an MS Word component which enables user to perform a wide range of Word document processing tasks directly, such as generate, read, write and modify Word document for .NET and Silverlight. It supports C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC and Silverlight.
As a professional and powerful Word component, Spire.Doc doesn't need Microsoft Office Word Automation but also allows user to directly operate Word document, format and style and insert content to Word document. Spire.Doc which with high quality, powerful functions and cheap price supports Word 97, Word 2003, Word 2007 and Word 2010.
and it charge $399, how do you think about it? (not long in this field, not sure about the price) the following is its site http://www.e-iceblue.com/Introduce/word-for-net-introduce.html.. Hope somebody help me! thanks

Responses

Posted by: Sksamantaray on: 3/16/2012 [Member] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Nice info Tina.

Thanks,
Sanjay

Tina1986, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Kukurice on: 4/1/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Tina,

I don't know what your needs are but if you are looking for data-driven document generation i think you will find the toolkit http://www.docentric.com much more interesting. With Docentric toolkit you don't have to use 3rd party (Spire.Doc) APIs to create a document from scratch but instead design templates in MS Word and then merge them with data to generate reports. The Docentric report engine is also 100% managed .NET assembly which doesn't rely on MS Word being installed. In my oppinion this is the fastest way to design and generate MS Word documents especially because of the Add-In for MS Word that ships with the product which offers a lot of help with data-binding when designing templates in MS Word.

Tina1986, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response