ProjectName.DLL file not creating once i build the project.

Posted by Thiru under VB.NET on 3/25/2012 | Points: 10 | Views : 2492 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 4
Hi Friends,

Its a very very important turn for me in this project.
But at this time - projectname.dll file is not creating once i build the project.
why and how to create the projectname.dll file ?

Details:
I created a VisualStudio2010 windows application and then
like to add crystal reports.
But i cant able to create crystal reports with full functionality - finally i came to know
that crystal reports is not working fine in VS2010 Framework4.0 but its working fine in Framework3.5

So, i created a newproject with framework3.5 (Inside the main project (Framework4.0) and created crystal reports too
its working fine.

Now i need to call that newproject(crystalreportproject (framework3.5)) FROM the main project (framework4.0)
for which i have to add reference - right.

Here is the actual problem: There is no DLL file (projectname.DLL) file is available in new project bin folder.
i can see only the application file (projectname.exe file).

my requirement is: i need to call a form in newproject from main project mdi form - That's all.
Is there any other solution for this

OR is there any other way i can able to create the dll file ?

EXPECTING YOUR VALUABLE REPLY - PLEASE.
Regards,
Thiru.

Responses

Posted by: Skraghava on: 3/25/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
What is the type of the new project you have created? windows application, wpf and console creates an exe where as class library projects creates dll. You can check the property of the new project to get more insight.

Thanks and regards,
Raghavendra SK

Thiru, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Thiru on: 3/25/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Skraghava,
Thanks for your reply.

Both the project are windows application.
So, as from your point i can get only exe in new project.

if so, i can able to add reference to that newprojec.exe file only from oldproject - right?
if so, i did - it. Now i cant able to call a form in newporject FROM oldproject mdi file.
-- how to do ?
expecting your valuable reply pls.
regards,
Thiru

Posted by: Skraghava on: 3/25/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Thiru,

Simple solution to your problem would be to create the entire solution in 3.5 only so that you will not face any problem with crystal reports. Then you no need to call newproject.dll in oldproject.dll.. What is the necesacity of this?

Thanks and regards,
Raghavendra SK

Posted by: Thiru on: 3/26/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Raghavendra,
I have used third party component which will work in framework4.0 not with framework3.5.

Any how i will try as per your suggestion - but let me know whether it will create any new problem or not.
I mean if i change the framework from 4.0 to 3.5 and test the project. -- if it work then fine.
if its not work then i have to switch back to 3.5 to 4.0 in that case -- my project wont get collapse :-)

may i ?

Login to post response