Console Application.

Posted by Dotnetrajanikanth under Visual Studio on 5/15/2012 | Points: 10 | Views : 1411 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
In which domain console application is used?

Note : While posting the answer please ensure that you are not posting the answer for what is console application. I need the domain areas only like banking, online shopping etc.

Responses

Posted by: rajarsn-7627 on: 5/17/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Not specifically known which domain it is using still. However, I used the console applications at my work place for running scripts, i.e. there are certain applications which needs oto be run on daily basis or twice in a day. And these applications needs to be monitored by other production departments to know the running status. So while running, I used to provide messages in console window displaying stage1 has finished, starting stage 2, completed stage 3. etc. I can use GUI or other methods to show this, but this method is very speedy and efficient.

To provide one more example, say, I have an application called MarketRates which needs to be run every 2 hrs in a day and the application altogether takes 5 minutes to execute. Now, if I use a GUI, the user has to give his userid and pwd (may be to login to application) and then choose the options from the menu etc. In order to avoid this, there will be a service which will run automatically every 2 hrs and gives the message at each stage of the execution. This will be used by Market Analysts and ensures that the applications is running successfully.

Surely, I can use GUI for this. but it will slow when compared to processing the same as a Console Application. Hope this helps.

Dotnetrajanikanth, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Dotnetrajanikanth on: 5/17/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thank You Rajarsn@Gmail.Com

Got some good information :)

Dotnetrajanikanth, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Muhsinathk on: 6/14/2012 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Login to post response