Following are benefits of using cookies for state management: -
• No server resources are required as they are stored in client.
• They are light weight and simple to use
Following are limitation of using cookies: -
• Most browsers place a 4096-byte limit on the size of a cookie, although support for 8192-byte cookies is becoming more common in the new browser and client-device versions available today.
• Cookies can be tampered and thus creating a security hole.
• Cookies can expire thus leading to inconsistency.
Below is sample code of implementing cookies
Request. Cookies. Add (New Http Cookie (“name”, “user1”))
Asked In: Many Interviews |